Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Story Given Life On Broadway

New Story Given Life On Broadway

This evening, The Story Of My Life -- a new two-hander musical with Will Chase and Malcolm Gets as lifelong friends -- will open at Broadway’s Booth Theatre.

Directed by Richard Maltby, Jr., The Story Of My Life features a score by Neil Bartram and book from Brian Hill, a couple of real-life friends who first met during a shared gig in a Toronto production of Forever Plaid. It was in that same Canadian city where this new tuner got its start before moving on to Connecticut’s Goodspeed Opera House on its journey to the Great White Way.

Will critics think this is a story deserving of a long Great White Way life?

Find out tomorrow as I not only share my critics’ capsule, but I’ll also provide my own SOB Review.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 19 February, 2009, Blogger Alicia said...

I saw it on Tuesday and my review is forthcoming as well (perhaps I'll work on that tonight). Suffice it to say, I do not think it will fare well with the reviewers nor will it enjoy a long run, despite the talent of its cast and the promise of its authors.

And P.S.: The seats at the Booth are INCREDIBLY uncomfortable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner