Wednesday, December 10, 2008
There's a cool new site out there called Modern Tonic. It's devoted to just about everything that's pop culture-oriented. That is, with the curious exception of live theatre.
Perhaps recognizing the error of their ways, the creators of Modern Tonic are getting into the theatrical spirit by presenting a contest giving away seats to see Shrek The Musical. The DreamWorks Theatricals and Neal Street Productions tuner, of course, opens this Sunday at the Great White Way's Broadway Theatre.
To enter the contest, which is giving away 10 pairs of tickets, click here. And if you win, please let me know!
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Roundabout Theatre/Studio 54: Beguiled Yet Again
- Did Slava Have Critics Thinking There's No Busines...
- Road Show (The SOB Review)
- Liza's At The Palace...! (The SOB Review)
- 'Sno Clowning Around: Slava Opens On Broadway
- August: Osage County (The SOB Revisit)
- Liza's At The Palace, But Where Are Critics To Sta...
- A Little Night Music (The SOB Review)
- Getting The Grease Out: And Another One Down
- Liza's O-Kay For Opening Night
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre