Thursday, December 13, 2007
I really hate to say I told you so (and I truly mean that), but I told you so way back in July -- Hat tip to The Playgoer).
Where are the true professionals of the theatre, anyway? They're working hard on virtually every other show on Broadway.
On any other show, the grueling eight performances would be handled with great aplomb and professionalism by a performer without any excuses.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Click here for tickets.
Coloring The Town Purple With Discounts (December 1, 2007)
The Color Purple (The SOB Revisit) (August 11, 2007)
Curse Of The Understudy - Part III (July 23, 2007)
Winter Blues For Color Purple (February 5, 2007)
The Tonys: If I Could Vote...for Best Musical (May 31, 2006)
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Palminteri To Tell Bronx Tale A Little Longer
- Wicked's Stunt Broad Casting
- Is He Dead? Not Even Close Among Critics
- Is He Dead? (The SOB Review)
- Hallelujah! The Portly Woman Has Sung
- Resurrected Is He Dead? Opens
- The Glorious Ones (The SOB Review)
- After Seeing, Faring With Critics
- Seafarer Opens Sail On Great White Way Tonight
- More Than One Critic Letts August Esteem Show
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre