Monday, December 03, 2007
From the "just when you thought it was safe to talk about something else department" comes the timely reminder from Playbill that it ain't over 'til it's over.
While the picket signs may have come down on the Broadway stagehands strike against The League of American Theatres and Producers, Local One of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (I.A.T.S.E.) is now set to vote on whether to ratify its new contract on December 9.
Wonder if George Wendt as Edna Turnblad would do? I could see the current star of Hairspray cued to sing "You Can't Stop The Beat."
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Did Cymbeline Receive Posthumus Critical Acclaim?
- Don't Touch That Dial: Farnsworth Invention Opens
- Cymbeline (The SOB Review)
- Wicked - Die Hexen Von Oz (The SOB Revisit)
- Cymbeline Opens Tonight
- World AIDS Day: Perfect Time To Give To BC/EFA
- Discounted Is He Dead? Is Alive Again On Broadway
- Coloring The Town Purple With Discounts
- Avenue Q Deal: I'll Drink To That!
- Spring Reawakening!
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre