Friday, November 16, 2007

From One SOB To, Well, Not Really....

From One SOB To, Well, Not Really....

At the start of this week, I shared my frustration with the ongoing stagehands strike along with private comments made to me from a member of a union in another industry (honest, it was not a member of the WGA!!! and the individual did grant me permission in advance to post them).

That individual took issue with some of the comments previously offered by stagehand blogger The Humble Nailbanger.

Yesterday, THN took time to thoughtfully address each of the points I carried on Steve On Broadway.

Earlier today, I sent a message to THN that I'd like to share with you:

You did an outstanding, thoughtful job in addressing each of the points that my real live union member addressed, so much so that I plan to link to it.

I'm far from a rich person, but I do enjoy live theatre. It's the one indulgence I afford myself, despite the ever-increasing impact on my wallet. Nothing makes me happier than to lose myself in a fine production that you and your colleagues are instrumental in putting together. I just hope that I'll be able to luxuriate in those experiences again soon.

As my self-selected moniker suggests, I can be a bit cantankerous and not afraid to challenge either side in this dispute if I think it's warranted. But I also hope that you've seen that I've strived to be fair.

I have to say that I've been learning more than I ever thought possible about the hard work you and your colleagues do. As an audience member, let me just say that from now on, whenever that curtain call comes, I'll be applauding the men and women we never see every bit as much as the actors up on the stage.

Here's wishing you and your brethren a fruitful day tomorrow!

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 17 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off to do battle,with the forces of evil.
May cool head prevail
Greed find its way off the table
AND RESPECT RULE

WE ARE ONE

 
At 17 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I guess you have the right to side with big biz if you want
But its the men in the trenches,
That make you the rich fat cats you are
You guys need a better lawyer

 
At 17 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When lying to the public fails,Whats next?

 
At 17 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the over welming support from the Community

We thank you.
Your friendly neighborhood stagehand

 
At 17 November, 2007, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Anonymous #1, who said I sided with big biz?

Please note that while I have a poll up on the site to gauge support for each side, I have not voted.

 
At 17 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve You have been Fair And Square

If You were a producer,
There would be no problem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner