Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Forget all my carping on the efficacy of Broadway tryouts in the age of the blogosphere.
According to Variety's Gordon Cox (with hat tip to The Playgoer), Broadway tryouts are here to stay because "most legiters wouldn't open in Gotham without one."
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Once Again, I Have To Ask.... (September 20, 2007)
Are Blogs Making The Time-Honored Preview Obsolete? (August 20, 2007)
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Back Shortly!
- Mauritius (The SOB Review)
- Stagehands' Union Concedes Key Point
- Harvey Fiersback
- Stagehands Talks To Continue This Afternoon
- Did Mauritius Merit Stamps Of Approval?
- The Pillowman (The SOB Review)
- Priscilla Vies To Be Queen Of The West End
- Theresa Rebeck Collects First Broadway Opening Nig...
- George Grizzard (1928-2007)
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre