Tuesday, October 16, 2007
I'm hearing through the grapevine that Mark Stewart (aka Stew) and Heidi Rodewald's rock musical Passing Strange is heading for Broadway in February 2008 and that an announcement is imminent.
Passing Strange -- a collaboration between The Public Theater and the Berkeley Rep -- played New York this past summer and was extended by four weeks before moving on to the Left Coast.
The autobiographical piece centers on Stew, "a young black bohemian in search of self and home who charts a course for 'the real' through sex, drugs, and rock and roll."
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- ShowBusiness: Year In The Life Of Broadway
- The Ritz (The SOB Review)
- If You're Holding Tix For Broadway This Week, You'...
- Legitimizing Legit Ticket Resale Market
- Stagehands To Vote On Strike...October 21
- The Shows Must Go On...At Least Over Weekend
- Curtains (The SOB Revisit)
- Critics Check-In To The Ritz
- Still No Lockout
- Scarcity (The SOB Review)
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre