Monday, June 18, 2007
Last Friday, The Guardian's theatre critic Michael Billington (pictured) used his blog to ask, "Who is Britain's best theatre director?"
Hint: It's not Nicholas Hytner, presumably for obvious reasons.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Spring Awakening Calling
- One Slick Year
- Phantom Sequel: So Much For Writing On Otto-Pilot?...
- New York Has Broadway, China Has Er Ren Zhuan
- Which Upcoming Broadway Musicals Will You See?
- Surely Ayckbourn Couldn't Be Lamenting These Actor...
- The Most Farfetched Tony Bounce
- Edward Norton: $20 Seats Signed, Sealed, Delivered...
- McPherson's Seafarer To Navigate Broadway In Fall
- Radio Golf Closes In On Bunker
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre