Sunday, December 24, 2006

Peace On Earth, Good Will Toward Men And Women Everywhere

Peace On Earth, Good Will Toward Men And Women Everywhere

As I’m flying to Perth, Australia on this Christmas Eve, I want to take this opportunity to express my deep appreciation to every single reader who has visited Steve On Broadway (SOB) in my inaugural year. I’ve truly appreciated the superbly constructive, engaged dialogue I’ve enjoyed with everyone who has submitted comments and private e-mails since I started Steve On Broadway in April.

I’ve been honored to begin many online friendships during the course of the year, and I’m also very pleased that I’ve never felt the need to edit or reject any of your submissions. Whether you’ve taken me to task for making a seemingly invalid assertion or rallied to my defense -- or perhaps you’ve taken the time to further illuminate my understanding regarding a vital aspect of the theatre -- I want you to know how sincerely grateful I am for your contributions.

Ostensibly, I write Steve On Broadway (SOB) for my own personal enjoyment. If there’s one characteristic about myself that I hope rings genuinely authentic, it’s my love for the theatre. Perhaps it’s that passion that sways my reviews toward the favorable overall --although I prefer to think that I’m somewhat discriminating in what I pay to see in the first place.

You see, I don’t go to a show with malice in my heart hoping to hate a production. I go to enjoy and be entertained or at least enlightened. Yes, there are those occasions where I find myself disappointed by a musical or play or by specific performances therein, but I also hope that ultimately, my critiques have provided anyone out there reading them with some heartfelt guidance from an honest-to-goodness theatre lover.

Please accept my best wishes for a very Merry Christmas -- and regardless of whether you celebrity this Holiday or not, here's wishing you and yours nothing but peace and love.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 25 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for welcoming me into your circle of online friends.

You've been so supportive and helpful and excited for me as I plan my first trip to Broadway, to see my favorite actor, Mr. Kevin Spacey. (Had to get in a plug for him!)

I think what really shines through in the blog is your enthusiasm. I'm not a regular theatergoer, but you really make me want to become one!

 
At 25 December, 2006, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Esther,

Thanks for your friendship and sharing so much with me. Here's to getting the best seats possible to see Kevin Spacey when he comes to Broadway!

Cheers!

Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner