Monday, December 04, 2006

Next Stanza: Love Song Opens In London

Next Stanza: Love Song Opens In London

This evening marks the London opening for John Kolvenbach’s romantic comedy Love Song at the New Ambassadors Theatre. The play had its world premiere earlier this year at Chicago's Steppenwolf Theatre.

Some incredibly talent has been amassed for the West End mounting including one of my stage favorites Kristen Johnston (The Women, Aunt Dan And Lemon and The Baltimore Waltz) along with Neve Campbell, Michael McKean (who's been treading the Broadway boards with increasing frequency lately) and Cillian Murphy.

As I've previously noted, this was one of the best shows I saw during the entire 2005-06 Theatrical Season. I said in part:
Kolvenbach’s expert writing leaves us with the hope that love, whether real or imagined, has the power to reinvigorate and illuminate life itself. This production moved me so profoundly that I eagerly saw Long Song twice to catch all its subtle nuances. I heartily recommend it.

I'm certainly hoping British audiences, desperately in need of a good stage play, embrace the play and find it as wonderful as I did in Chicago. We'll see tomorrow what the critics think.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Click here for tickets.
Related Stories:
Kolvenbach's Love Song To Sing In London (October 13, 2006)
SOB’s Best of 2005-06: #7 – Love Song (Steppenwolf Theatre, Chicago, IL) (May 19, 2006)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner