Thursday, August 24, 2006
Lieutenant of Inishmore to Lay Down Arms September 3
One of Broadway's darkest of dark comedies -- The Lieutenant of Inishmore -- has announced a September 3 closing date. Martin McDonagh's critically-acclaimed production received five Tony Award nominations including for Best Play. All totaled, it will have enjoyed 142 regular performances.
This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).
Click here for tickets.
Life is a stage. Act appropriately. - steve on broadway (sob)
SOB's Current Headlines
- Barrington Stage Opens a New Window for Sandy Dunc...
- Critics Find Frost/Nixon to Be Unimpeachable
- Will Usher Razzle Dazzle 'em?
- Did Critics Think This Mother of All War Plays Liv...
- Which Broadway Musical Will Depart Next?
- The Latest "Dirt" From the Road
- Jackman Receives Hero's Welcome Home
- London's Frost/Nixon Opens Tonight
- Public Theater's Mother Courage Opens Tonight in C...
- Does London's Guys and Dolls Still Swayze Critics?...
The SOB Poll
Current Broadway Shows
Broadway's 2010-11 Theatrical Season
- Name: Steve On Broadway (SOB)
- Location: United States
As someone who has been involved in both politics and public relations, it's no wonder I love watching theatre. Good or bad, it's the raw energy of seeing a live performance that gets my adrenaline pumping. From the moment I saw my very first Broadway show ("Annie" in London in 1979), I was hooked. Now I see as many as 70 shows each year ranging from soaring musicals to two-hander plays. And these eyes just may be in an audience near you!
Subscribe to SOB
Follow SOB on Twitter
Follow SOB on Facebook
Real-Live Bloggers SOB Knows Personally
Other Blogs SOB Reads
One Blog Read That Can Positively Change Lives
SOB's Favorite Theatre Sites
- American Theatre Wing
- American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards
- Live Broadway
- Internet Broadway Database
- Broadway TV
- Broadway Across America
- Society of London Theatre's Laurence Olivier Awards
- London's What's On Stage
- London Theatre Guide
- New York Post Theater Blog
- New York Times Arts Beat Blog
- Theatre.com (London)
- Steppenwolf Theatre