Thursday, May 21, 2009

Adam Lambert: Broadway Beckons


Adam Lambert: Broadway Beckons

While the American Idol won't be among what is sure to be Adam Lambert's lengthy list of credits through what I expect to be a highly lucrative and super-successful career, let's remember that he honed his amazing presence in live theatre, including his stint as Fiyero on the Left Coast in Wicked.

No matter what happened last evening, Lambert will surely be dancing through the rest of his life. I'm just hoping it includes a swing through Broadway in the not-too-distant future.

Congratulations to both Lambert and Kris Allen! They're both winners in my humble opinion.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 21 May, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I loved them both, and Danny and Allison as well(I think up until that point America did get it right)but I was surprised that Adam didn't win. He's the epitome of an American Idol to me. He's so unique and so creative and so talented and so gorgeous, and so............... I'm sure we'll see him on Broadway and sooner than later. I can see him taking over for Constantine Maroulis at some point in Rock of Ages or in Hair, or maybe something we haven't even seen yet. Anyway I wish all the best for him and Kris and the others as well. It was probably the best season of AI yet.

 
At 21 May, 2009, Anonymous Suko said...

That was my comment above Steve. I always make the same mistake. BTW, how can I write to you personally?

 
At 21 May, 2009, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Suko, Personally, I voted for Kris Allen because his music was more my speed and I loved the way he made each his own.

Having said that, I would have been completely happy had Adam won. I think he has a ginormous career ahead of him.

My e-mail address is steve.on.broadway@hotmail.com.

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner