Sunday, March 16, 2008

As I Was Saying....

As I Was Saying....

Can it really be that two long weeks have gone by and nobody picked up on my story that Broadway's Young Frankenstein quietly discontinued its obscene premium ticket pricing until now?

I mean, it's not as if respected newspaper writers avoid reading blogs!

The very capable Campbell Robertson finally reports in yesterday's issue of The New York Times what I wrote about two weeks ago today!

Frankly, this is why it's important to never discount the ability of the dedicated portion of the immense blogosphere to scoop mainstream media.

But two weeks? Wow.

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Related Stories:
There Will Be Violins: Frank Talk (March 11, 2008)
Young Frankenstein Discontinues Premium Ticket Prices (March 2, 2008)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 17 March, 2008, Blogger LizG said...

Steve, as a theater goer who pays for his own tickets, I think you're more sensitive to this issue than the media who get in with comp tickets. That's my theory, anyways...

Keep up the great work!

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Thanks Liz. I find it curious that with all the media-generated hoopla over the $450 tickets that it took them so long to point out a very newsworthy change. Of course, the media also loves to report on the negative over the positive, too.

I now hope that the folks who were scared away from the show, thinking that they'd have to sell their first born will now reconsider. As I pointed out, the show is much better than critics give it credit for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner