Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Mid Hudson Valley Theater Blog!

Happy Anniversary, Mid Hudson Valley Theater Blog!

It's not every day that I salute another theatre blogger, but congratulations are in order to Erica and Gale at the Mid Hudson Valley Theater Blog as they observe the first anniversary of their site.

MHVTB is ostensibly about "Community Theater in the Mid Hudson Valley of New York. Information on shows, auditions, and our general adventures onstage, backstage and in the audience." Yet, it goes well beyond just this slice of Upstate New York -- full histories on many shows like Chicago have kept me coming back, along with insightful, thought-provoking discussions on everything from product placements in shows to stunt-casting to the battle over cell phone use in theatres.

I first became aware of the site in early July via a Technorati search on The Light In The Piazza and came across the MHVTB story on the musical's departure from Broadway. Now, I not only find myself commenting on items there, but I'm proud that Erica regularly reciprocates on stories here. Even if I'm providing no comment, I still make it a point to visit this terrific blog every day.

Happy anniversary, Mid Hudson Valley Theater Blog! Here's to many more!

This is Steve On Broadway (SOB).

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 20 November, 2006, Blogger City Slicker said...

So good of you to promote another blogger and one that is outside of the big city! I am always amazed by how much quality theatre there is to be had away from the hub cities and feel humbled by my ignorance.

 
At 20 November, 2006, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Thanks Liz!

Of course, in addition to Mid Hudson Valley Theater Blog, I'm also very proud to list your excellent City Slicker site among my "SOB Daily Blog Reads," which may be found on the right-hand margin of this site.

Simply stated, I can't get enough of your insights into daily life -- including theatre -- in London.

Thanks to you, Mid Hudson Valley, and a handful of other blogs on my "must-read" list that uniformly make me more informed!

Cheers!

 
At 20 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! Congratulations to Hudson Valley Theatre Blog. I can't remember how I found them, but I read with great interest as a former Ithaca, NY resident. Thank Steve for your alert to their anniversary. You are on top of what's happening in the theatre world and blogging theatre world!

 
At 20 November, 2006, Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Martha,

Glad you agree!

As you may have noticed in my ever-so-slight redesign of Steve On Broadway, you're also among my daily blog reads! They actually make me feel like (and sometimes wish) I still lived in Chicago!

Cheers!

Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Blog Directory & Search engine
Visitor Map

Powered by FeedBurner